11.09.2008

5 years in business

Wow! Time really does go by so fast! I can't even believe that this past week was the anniversary of my 5th year in business! For all who don't know, I own & operate a small salon here in Herkimer.

It seems like almost yesterday that after almost 6 years of working for other people, I decided it was time to stop making money for everyone else! I needed to do something on my own. Even if it meant I'd just "break even" every month, it would be well worth working for myself! I love that I don't have to answer to anyone!!!! I get to set my own hours. Which is great when you have two small children with doctors appointments, school, and everything else that comes up.

I have a woman named Michelle that works for me. She mostly specializes in Facials but does a little bit of everything else. She has been with me since the very beginning. (Well besides her 9 month break when she moved to Florida, but then she came back.)


Here are a few pictures of the salon inside & out!



This is the front entrance to the salon. I rent the downstairs appartment of this house.












It's small and simple. But it's all mine!

-Jen!


5 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Very nice! Congrats on 5 years! That's great!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I was so excited to see pics of the salon, I've never seen it...it's beautiful! I hope you bought yourself a nice present to celebrate your five years!

Destini said...

Congratulations! Your salon is beautiful!

Kim said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. I have no guts to hang out a shingle so I give you credit. Celebrate my dear-what an accomplishment. It is a beautiful salon!

Greene Family said...

Congratulations - that is so exciting!! Your salon is beautiful!