12.21.2008

December

Well, December as usual has been such a crazy busy month! And I haven't had much time to sit down and get on the computer, let a lone get pictures uploaded or blog post. So I figured I'd just briefly combine most of the month into one posting!

I am happy to say that all of my shopping has been done for about two weeks! And everything is now wrapped! YAY!!! Glad I was able to get all of the shopping done early since we keep getting hit with nasty snowstorms up here. Plus Fred and I are both so busy with work during the month of December it's really hard find time to do much of anything! Everyone wants to have their hair done for the holidays and the jewelry store is extremely busy. We've barely had time to spend with the boys the past couple of weeks. I hate to say it, but I'll be very happy once it's all over!


-TUB TIME-

This month Collin has now gotten big enough that he can sit up and take a big boy bath with Ethan. They have been having lots of fun during bath time.






They have a new set of boats that they love to play with in the tub. Collin mostly likes to try and eat them! (Everything goes in the mouth!)



-Christmas Tree-


The first Sunday in December we went and cut down our Christmas Tree. Every year we go to a local tree farm and trudge thru the snow and find the "perfect" tree! This year we had to trudge thru 6'' of snow and get pelted in the face w/ sleet! But it was worth it cause Ethan had fun! Every year Fred gets irritated because I always seem to walk the whole farm until I find that "perfect" tree! Well, It has to "talk to me"! I can't help it! If it is going to be in our living room for weeks I need to love it! It needs to be tall enough, not too fat, has to be full (I don't want a Charlie Brown tree) and be shaped right! I cut hair all week, I dont want to have to give a tree a hair cut too! (But believe me I have in years past!)

So we got the tree home and up in the living room on Sunday. I didn't get any lights on it until Tuesday. And I didnt get time until the next Sunday to start putting the decorations on. But now it's finally done! Here are a few pix of Ethan putting the last few ornaments on it. The non-breakable ones!






Tyler inspected to make sure he did a good job!


-Ethan's being silly-


So the other day while Ethan was going potty, I walked into the kitchen for a minute and came back to find this. . . . .








He decided it would be funny if he unwound all of the toilet paper and made a "castle" out of it!




The other night I made fetticini alfredo for dinner and as usual Ethan was the last one to finish eating. While I was washing the dishes I heard him giggling. I turned around to find him replicating the famous scene from Lady & the Tramp with Buddy!






Very funny! But also very gross at the same time! Since Ethan would finish eating the noodle if Buddy let go! Yum! Noodles w/ dog slober!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great update! I am cracking up over Ethan and Buddy's romantic pasta dinner together! But I agree...pretty gross! That's life with a boy, I suppose! Awesome pics of the boys in the tub. Collin looks like he's getting so big! Seamus loves wearing his Santa hat as well, and I'm sure he is going to love seeing these pics of "Herkimer Ethan!"

Greene Family said...

Great photos!! It sounds like you guys have been extremely busy! It looks like the boys have fun at bathtime! Ethan is so cute decorating the tree in his Santa hat! Yep - the pasta photos are very funny, but pretty gross at the same time! Boys are just so much fun!
Have a Merry Christmas, and hopefully, you'll get to relax some!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awesome post, well worth the wait! Haha! I love the bathseat for Collin! I need to find one for Sonya as she is now to big (at 11 months) for her sling. Looks like Ethan had fun decorating and re-enacting Lady and the Tramp! Too funny! Have a Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

What a greta post! Oh gosh where do I start? Ethan and his antics are hilarious! He is sucha boy. Preston also loves to unravel all the toilet paper. For kids who are supposed to have short arms, I feel like he is a little monkey! Your kiddos look so adorable in the tub together. You know you think the boys are still babies, but next to Collin, Ethan is such a big boy! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Destini said...

Too cute! Ethan is totally hilarious - we have had our toilet paper completely unrolled and wrapped around various objects, so your lucky it was just in a pile! Sharing pasta with the dog is really just helping Ethan's immune system out (at least that's what I tell myself all the time as the kids are sharing food and licking the dog)! Collin is getting so big - I'm sure that the boys are having a great time bathing together - and a great time saver for you!