5.08.2009

Our lil Monkey is One!

Last Saturday the 2cd was Collin's 1st birthday!!! I can't even believe my baby is already 1!! Time really does fly!




Sunday celebrated w/ our family & friends & had his party. Since I have been calling him "Monkey" since he was only a few weeks old {& now friends & family call him that too}, & I seem to be drawn to anything I see w/ a monkey on it, it was only fitting to have a monkey themed party! We had monkey balloons, monkey centerpieces surrounded by bananas, & I made him a monkey cake.



I spent quite a bit of time Saturday night making the monkey cake. I was very excited about how good it turned out.










I made each of the kids little goody bags. I filled them w/ monkey bracelets, little monkey cups filled w/ animal crackers, pudding snacks, applesauce, m&m's, & twizzlers {a few of my kids fav things}. They were a big hit!













The tags on the goody bags read-
" Thanks for swinging over to have some fun
and celebrating our little monkey turning one!"



Here is a little slideshow I put together of the party. Enjoy!





Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Collin's 1st birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The decorations and cake came out AWESOME! I love it! So bummed that we weren't able to be there, but it looks like Monkey Man had a blast! BTW, he is looking so much like Ethan in these pictures!

Kim said...

It's so funny because Preston has also been Baby Monkey and is no Little Monkey, or Monkey or Monk. Sometimes we get creative like Monkerdoodle.
Ok let's talk about the cake-Jen it is amazing! Absolutely amazing. You shoudl charge for that!
Second you boys are adorable. I cannot wait to see you all this summer again.
And third, despite our awful season thus far, and Posada on the DL, at least the kids are being taught to cheer for the right team!
Happy Birthday Monkey!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Collin! Our boys have a birthday 1 day apart. Aidan turned 4 on Sunday. Aidan is a regular lil monkey too, climbing on everything. Looks like Collin had a wonderful birthday.

Greene Family said...

Happy 1st Birthday Collin!! The time does fly by! It looks like Collin (and Ethan too) had a blast at his party! I love all of the decorations and the cake looked awesome! Great photos - your boys are so adorable!
Simon has become more and more of a monkey over the last year with all of his climbing and now monkey noises - fun times! I like your new blog background - very cute!

Bobbi said...

What a great day for a birthday...May 2nd. That's my birthday, too! Love the monkey cake...so cute. It looks like the birthday party was a lot of fun. Your boys are so adorable!! Hope you have a Happy MOther's Day!!

Destini said...

What a great cake and decorations! Looks like Collin and Ethan had a great time! Collin really raked in the gifts, too! Happy Birthday Collin!

Melissa Swartley said...

Love the little monkey theme! Awesome job on the cake and great pictures!!! Happy birthday Collin! They grow up too fast don't they?!