6.02.2009

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!

We took the boys to North Creek NY to see Thomas the Train on Sunday. We met Emily, Seamus, Grace, and their grandparents {AKA "Nanny & Poppy"}. I'm sure most of you already read Emily's blog since she beat me to blogging about our fun day! But I will share too for those who didnt.

So our day didnt exactly start off too great! We all got up early, got dressed, packed the car up, and we were off! Ethan insisted on eating french toast stix for breakfast, so we made a pit stop @ Burger King to grab breakfast for the road. I program the GPS, it gives us our route & we hop on the thruway & we then realize it is telling us it will take over 3 hours to get there, I begin to PaNiC!! Last week when I mapquested the directions it told me it would take us 2 hours & 7 min. to get there, but it was a different route! Of course I didnt print it out since we have a GPS! I had no clue what to do. . . I franticly call Emily! She gets on mapquest & sure enough only 2 hours & 7 min. but it's a different route! Ok, so we decide to get off the thruway at the next exit, the GPS then keeps telling us to turn around! And I keep trying to have it give us the same route mapquest was giving us, but it wasnt until we were 25 min into the route. And it is still telling us it's going to take over 3 hours to get there, Emily & the kids were going to be there by 11:00 so that meant they'd be there for over an hour waiting for us! OMG! Freaking out! {{{ OK, MOM DONT READ THIS PART! }}} Fred is now doing 70+ MPH the whole way thru winding country highways. We are now making really good time & the GPS is taking minutes off of our arrival time, looks like we might make it by 11:30! THEN. . . . . Ethan says his belly hurts, OH NO!!!! So typical parent questions. . ."do you have to go pee pee???" he says "no" . . "do you have to go poopy???" he says "no". . "do you have to puke?????" w/ fingers & toes crossed. . he says "no"! Ahhh thank goodness! I said "your belly probably feels funny cause you just ate & drank orange juice & now the car is jiggling your belly around plus your watching a movie, you'll be fine, it'll be ok" So he goes back to watching his movie. 5 min. later Ethan says "mommy. . . .I think I gotta puke!" OH MAN!!! I look @ Fred we both agree we cant stop or we'll never make it! Holy Crap! What are we gonna do??? I look down to see what can i use to catch it? {There will be NO "mommy bowl" use in the car!!!} OH a Coffee cup! I Quick roll down the window, dump it out, & get it under his chin as he starts to gag! He then says " I dont have to puke anymore" Thank God I keep there for another minute cause he did! OMG!! Good save! Now he says w/ a smile " mommy, my belly dont hurt anymore!" and he goes back to his video. Ok big sigh! I think we are ok now! Well we made it! & we made in great time w/ out any other "incidents"!! {Oh, by the way, Collin slept the whole trip! Thank goodness!}

So the Day out w/ Thomas was alot of fun! The kids loved the train ride and all of the fun activities they had. The weather ended up being real nice compared to the weather man's predictions. No rain & the sun was shining but the wind was nasty!
Time for a photo w/ Thomas!



Here is a video of the kids, Fred & Poppy coming back from their train ride. { No the video isnt playing in reverse! lol! They dont actually turn the train around, they just back it up.}


Ethan got a Thomas tattoo.
The kids patiently waiting to go in the bounce house.




After we were all done @ Thomas we went into Lake George to grab some lunch. We went down to the beach after eating and let the kids stick their feet in the water. The boys had a blast throwing rocks in the water. We ended the day with a delicious treat @ Ben & Jerry's! Yummy!


Despite the rocky start the day turned out great! Thanks for the fun day Em, Seamus, Gracie, Nanny & Poppy!!

11 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys made it there in one piece! Thomas is coming to Washington in July ... we might make it. Cute pictures!

Destini said...

Wow, what a trip, so glad the rest of the day went well! Isn't it great when the kids are old enough to tell you they are going to puke??? Trace is great at telling us and running to the bathroom! Glad that Ethan had the aim to hit the coffee cup! Looks like a fun day!

Jaime said...

The Day out with Thomas sounds like so much fun! It isn't coming through our area this year, as I know that Caitlyn would love it - even though she's a princess type girl, she still loves her trains and cars! GPS's are great, but they don't always choose the right route for you. Glad you had a great time, once you got there!

Unknown said...

Ok, I was cracking up at the video...my dad frantically pointing inside the train and then the little goobers waving at us! Too cute!

Unknown said...

Laughing at your trip since that sounded like out trip to Disneyland in April. Ash was the puker in the car. Aidan loves Thomas most definitely enjoys Emily and your blogs.

Kim said...

OMG! What a car ride! You are so good with the coffee cup. Gross! But I agree-no mommy bowl in the car. Thank goodness Collin slept! When we went to Thomas last year the weather was freezing-so at least tyou guys got sun. The tattoos are a big hit right? So cute! I love all the pictures! Glad you guys had a great time. See you soon!

Greene Family said...

So much fun and cute pictures!! I'm glad that you guys made it there without too many "incidents"! That sounds like us whenever we try to meet anyone lately. It's great that you guys can get together often with the Camenga family - Ethan and Seamus look like best buds!

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! What a trip! I'm going to have to write a post on all the reasons why my GPS irks me! LOL! Nice catch in the coffe mug! That's talent while in a car going 70 mph! LOL! I'm glad you all had a great time minus the upset tummy! The pictures are so cute!

Bobbi said...

I loved this post! It was like reading a very descriptive novel! LOL I'm glad you made it and had a wonderful day! Nice puke save, too!!!

Unknown said...

Thts too cute thanks for sharing...
__________________
Susana
Email Marketing Solutions

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.