8.26.2010

EtHaN iS 5!!!

Well my baby turned 5! :( I cant believe my baby is 5 already! :( He’s going to be starting kindergarten in less than 2 weeks! :( Where has the time gone?!?!?

Months ago I had mentioned something about his birthday & he said “ Mom. . . this year can I have a AC/DC birthday??” I explained to him that I didnt think any of his friends would even know who AC/DC is! So I told him we could make it a AC/DC – Rock ‘n’Roll party.He liked that idea. So months went by & he would still make comments about wanting his AC/DC – Rock’n’Roll birthday, so I got busy planning!

He had such a great party! I decided that this year I didnt want to deal with all the work that goes into having a party at the house. So I rented the pavilion at the park near our house. It was so much easier to set up & clean up there then have to do all of the extra house & yard work. 

Ethan was so excited once all of the decorations & the bounce house went up!

Here is the AC/DC cake I made.

 011

And the “Rock Star” cupcake cake I made.

014

The cakes & the goody bags.  I made up all different labels for the bags (AC/DC logos, Guitars, AC/DC songs), decorated them with glitter stars, & filled them all with guitar necklaces, rock star yoyos, pop rocks candy, ring pops, & other lil goodies.

 015 027

The AC/DC shirt I made him to wear for his party.

012

The handsome birthday boy.

021

His 2 best buds from Pre K.

016  022

The super fun bounce house! (Which I greatly enjoyed after all the kids left!)

  029

 034 035

The piñata that wouldnt die!! Fred ended up having to break it cause the kids couldnt do it!

039 040 041 050

We had to light the candle 3 times because Collin kept blowing it out for Ethan.

056

Opening his gifts. He loved all of his gifts! Especially his new balance bike & all of the John Deere tractors!!

 063 081

He had such a great time! It made all of the work & stress I put into it so worth it!!

 

Here he is riding his new balance bike around the house with his cool new flame helmet.

 100 103

 

On the day of his actual birthday we spent the day at camp. He has made a good friend at camp that happens to share the same birthday (but is 1 year older).  Our families had a nice dinner together & I made them a little cake. We forgot to bring candles but happened to have some sparklers! (Not easy to blow out!) 

105

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the cake looks awesome! Thank goodness for my mom, because I totally lack the cake-making gene! It came out great! What a great party - we can't wait to celebrate the birthday boy with you guys this weekend!

Yiannakis Family said...

What a cool birthday!!! I love that you took time in the bounce house after the kids left, such FUN!

Jaime said...

ACAD! Totally Ethan all the way! I just love it!!

Destini said...

Very cute theme! Looks like a great, low-key birthday! Which balance bike is that? Trace is now demanding one!

Alex said...

LOVE the AC/DC theme!!! Looks like he had a blast!

Kim said...

Only Ethan would be this cool at five to want an AC/DC birthday party. that is so beyond awesome. Great job with the cake and cupcakes. I hear you on bounce houses-I totally love going to the bounce house parties. LOL. The birthday boy is as handsome as ever. I also just finished your last Nashville post. I cannot believe it was almost two months ago. It's sad how fast our lives go! Good luck with the first day of school!

Greene Family said...

What an awesome birthday party! Ethan looks like he had a blast!! His cake and cupcakes look great! Love the flames on his helmet and his cool new balance bike!
Same here - we had Simon's party at a farm, and it was so great not having the extra house and yard work before and after the party!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awesome party!!! Love the AC/DC theme! The cake and cupcake cake are incredible! Great job Jenn! Love the thumbs up Ethan and his friend are giving the camera! Too cute! I always say I need to do a bounce house for one of my kids parties and then enjoy it myself later! I better do that soon since Zoe's birthday is the only one not in the winter and she'll be turning 9! Too funny about Collin blowing out his candles! Love Ethans new bike and very cool helmet with flames! HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!

Jillsblog said...

What is a balance bike? I love the pics of Ethan's party...good times, sad our boys are 5. I can't wait to meet you guys some day!!!

Caden and Mommy said...

An AC/DC party. LOVE IT! Ethan is so cute :0) You did a great job with the cake and goody bags! and smart you for reserving the park!
Where are the pics of you in the bounce house? and was that before or after a few beverages?
Love that Fred had to kill the Pinata!
How does Ethan like his balance bike? What brand is it? Did you have to do any modifications for it? Caden really liked the one at the convention, but I'm not into paying $250.00.
Happy Way Belated Birthday Sweet Ethan!