5.21.2010

FuN dAY aT tHe ZoO

 

Last year I decided to start a new Mother’s day tradition.  I decided that since the boys are still little & they wont be little forever, I want to enjoy taking them to the zoo at least once a year. & could there be a better day than Mother’s day to spend enjoying time with my boys having fun at the zoo?! & for more fun we invited my mom, my step dad, my sister & brother in law (to be) to join us.

Unfortunately, this year Mother’s day was such a cold nasty day, it actually snowed!! So we had to reschedule our day at the zoo! But we went this past weekend & we couldnt have had better weather!   

011

My little stud muffins!!  

 018019

lil Mr. Independent!

015   014

How many kids go to the zoo & would rather look at the construction equipment  than the animals!? 

020  022

“Hold my hand brother!”

023

Family pic w/ my sister & her fiancé

  025

This niceness doesnt happen very often! Especially rare to catch it in a photo!

 026

Me & my babies!

    030 031

We LOVE the penguins!!!

 032  035034 033  

After the zoo we enjoyed some more fun SHOPPING!! Cant be that close & not go to the Christmas tree shop! Love that place! And we ended our trip with a super delish dinner at Olive Garden! Yum!! Cant wait for next Mother’s day!!

7 comments:

Destini said...

Love that tradition! We love to go to zoos too, and Olive Garden! So glad that my kids aren't the only ones that rarely get along!

Unknown said...

Yay for traditions. Sorry that it snowed on your Mother's Day but rescheduling it is not a bad deal! Aidan would have been right there with your boys and would have enjoyed the construction equipment too...it's a boy thing! Great pics.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great Mother's Day tradition! Hope we can visit the zoo again soon with you guys!

The Wymers said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys had alot of fun... Nikki would have gone crazy for the penguins!

Kim said...

That is a great tradition. I totally hate the zoo but suck it up for Preston. He loves animals and me-not the biggest fan. So you are an awesome mommy! I cannot believe you guys had snow on Mother's Day?
And how awesome are your children wearing their sunglasses on top of their hats? Almost too much to take. Great pics, love the ones of just you and the boys!
See you next week!

Greene Family said...

That is a great Mother's Day tradition! I can't believe it snowed on Mother's Day there! It looks like you guys had a fun day and beautiful weather when you got to go though! Great pictures - love the pictures of Ethan and Collin holding hands and hugging and the one with you and your boys! Simon would have loved the construction site too! :)
Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

Melissa Swartley said...

Love this tradition! Snow?! That's crazy! Great pics of everybody! Looks like you all had a blast!