5.28.2010

Home away from home

Some of you may remember last summer our big family adventure was camping. Well you may also remember every time we went camping it didnt just rain, it POARED!!

This year we decided that it was just too hard to camp in a pop- up! It was great “starter experience” for us but . . between our work schedules & having to pack – unpack- set up- repack & Fred driving back home to work on Saturdays,  a pop up isn’t ideal for us! So we decided to take the plunge & buy a larger camper & set it up on a lot for the season. This way we can just pack food & cloths then drive less than 40 min. to “camp” when ever we want!

We ended up getting a super great deal on a 32 ft camper & found a great campground that is less than 40 minutes from home on a nice little Lake in the Adirondack Mts. It is so nice & peaceful! & it’s great because it’s close to home but at the same time it’s just far enough away!  

I attempted to take multiple shots almost like making a panoramic shot so everyone could get the idea of what it looks like.  

  camp 003 camp 004 camp 005

Kitchen w/ stove, oven, microwave, sink & TONS of storage cabinets. & there is a “slide out” that is the table & bench seats (turn into a bed) & a fold out couch.

camp 006   camp 009 

We have a separate bedroom w/ a queen size bed. & the boys have bunk beds, which they are real excited about!

camp 011 

And there is a full (but small) bathroom!

 camp 013camp 012

Our lot is a pretty decent sized space, w/ plenty of parking area, fire pit area, & a huge sand pit area for the boys to play in! If you look closely you can see Ethan digging in the sand in the pictures. We are also lucky enough to only have 1 neighbor right next to us, & 1 across the “road”.

 camp 014

It’s kind of hard to tell but this is our view of the lake (through the trees) from our site.

It’s nothing super fancy & extravagant, but it works for us right now! Someday we’d love to have a “real camp”. But until then this is just what we need just to get away from everything for a little while! Oh I did I mention there is NO cell service or WIFI! And if you can believe it,that actually makes me happy!! (But you know first thing I do when we get home is turn on the computer!)

6 comments:

Kim said...

That's great that you guys do this as a family. I have never camped but I can see how the stress free life would be nice, even for a weekend here and there. I think the camper seems plenty spacious and the grounds look awesome. And you cannot beat the proximity to the lake! I wish you many fun days with your family there!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks so relaxing! I have to admit, the thought of no wifi makes me a little anxious, but I'm sure I could learn to enjoy it! I bet it is going to be a great summer up there!

The Wymers said...

Camping in my house growing up meant Motel6...LOL...but I think even I could manage to 'rough it' in that cool camper you guys got! And, what a great location! Hope you guys have a lot of fun weekends up there enjoying nature!

Destini said...

Jen, that is awesome!!!! You guys will have so much fun - especially when those boys make camp friends! You must get a digger for the boys like Trace has - http://childrensneeds.com/sandbox_excavation_back_hoe.html. He ADORES his!

Caden and Mommy said...

Jen, that looks so fun! How nice to have a place close enough, but far enough :0) Can't wait to see pictures of your camping adventures this summer :0)

Greene Family said...

So nice!! My grandmothers used to take us camping when we were younger, and we always had such a blast! Your camper looks awesome and what a beautiful and relaxing camp site! I hope you guys have beautiful weather and lots of fun this summer! Can't wait to see pictures of your camping days! Jason and I were actually talking while in PA about buying a camper for future vacations.