5.13.2010

Monkey is 2!

 

May 2 was Collin’s 2cd birthday! It is real hard to believe he’s already 2! Time really does fly! This year we just had a simple little party & BBQ with our close family & friends.143   

Collin has been really into Sesame St. so I decided to make him an Elmo cake. When I told him I was going to make him an Elmo cake he said “aan Coookie Moster” (interpretation- and Cookie Monster!) I said “Really 2 cakes?” & he said yes! Then the next time I mentioned it to him he said “Elmo, Coookie Moster . . . & a Gouch!” He wanted 3 cakes! Elmo, Cookie Monster & Oscar the Grouch! So of course I decided to do it! You only turn 2 once!  I decided to make an Elmo cake & an Oscar the Grouch cake & cookie monster cupcakes.

135 134 136 159                   156

160                   161

The weather was pretty nice so we all got to sit outside & eat. & the kids got to enjoy playing outside In the sandbox & playhouse.  Later we all went inside so he could open all his great presents! He got alot of cool John Deere trucks, Buzz & Woody figures, a “grill” & other outdoor toys & his big gift (from grammy & grampy) was a Lightning McQueen TV for his bedroom. (He has been very jealous that Ethan has a tv in his room! Neither of them can fall asleep w/ out “background noise”.)    

166                     172

200                     203

Happy Birthday Monkey Boy!!!

9 comments:

Destini said...

A very happy birthday to Collin!!!! Sounds like a wonderful party, and awesome cakes!!! I'm not showing Trace the Lightning McQueen TV though!

The Wymers said...

Happy birthday Collin! Those cakes were awesome! Wanna come make cakes for my girls' birthday next month?! LOL!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Collin! We can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! Your mommy made you some awesome cakes!

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness, 2 so soon! Happy Birthday Collin! Great job on the cakes. I'm with Destini...not showing Aidan the Lightning McQueen TV...he'll want one!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Collin! Your mommy made you some awesome cakes! Hanna would have loved the Elmo one! She's a big Elmo fan.

Yiannakis Family said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Collin! Jaxson will be turning 2 soon also and he too LOVES Elmo! I might have to use your cakes as models and attempt to make something like that for his birthday too.

Kim said...

I am speechless at those cakes! I love them! And the cupcakes? Adorable. I cannot wait to show my friend Marrah. She would have enlisted your services for cakes for her son's second birthday!
Happy Birthday to your adorable little man! So excited to see you guys!!!!

Greene Family said...

Happy Birthday Collin!! Those are awesome birthday cakes and cupcakes! It looks like he had a great party! Simon's second birthday was a Sesame Street party too!
Looking forward to seeing you guys in two weeks!!

Melissa Swartley said...

Happy 2nd birthday Collin!!! Wow, a TV and 3 different monster cakes! What an awesome party! Great job on the cakes Jen!!!