2.16.2009

Happy Valentines Day


This year Valentines Day wasn't your usual romantic event filled day. This year Fred & I were supposed to go out of town to a family friend's wedding, but i guess Collin decided he didn't want us to go. During the night early Saturday Collin was stricken with his first illness. The lovely stomach bug had decided to fly into our home. Just the day before I had been talking with someone and mentioned that somehow Collin had escaped being sick so far this winter. I totally jinxed myself! So we ended up not to go to the wedding and instead we spent the whole Valentines weekend relaxing at home in jammies. By late Sunday night Collin's fever broke and his appetite was beginning to come back.


Even though he wasn't feeling like his usual self, Collin enjoyed opening his first Valentine's goody bag along with his big brother.








And it wouldn't be a normal Valentines Day with out the gift of flowers and jewelry, right? I received a bouquet of beautiful pink tulips along with an awesome necklace from my very talented husband. For all who don't know, Fred is the jeweler at his families jewelry store. He handmade this family circle pendant with all of our names on it.






Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day!



9 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

How cool is that necklace!!! I love it! Great job Fred. Some of us other mommies want one! hehe

Unknown said...

I think a weekend in jammies is a great idea! So glad baby Collin is feeling better. Awesome necklace! I love it! Hey Fred, you know my birthday's coming up, right??

Kim said...

Jen! I love that necklace! How can I buy one?I love it love it love it!
Also I am so happy little Collin is feeling a bit better. Poor guy. I love the pictures of the kiddos opening up their goodies! Ethan is soooo handsome and Collin a sweetheart!

Greene Family said...

What a beautiful necklace!! Way to go, Fred! Ethan and Collin are so cute opening their Valentine's goodies!
I'm glad that Collin is feeling a little better! I am always afraid to respond when people ask if Simon has been sick this winter because I worry about jinxing myself. I should start telling people to ask me in the spring. :)

Jaime said...

What a beautiful necklace and one of a kind! I love it! Sorry to hear that Collin wasn't feeling good, but am glad that he's on the mend now! We spent Valentine's Day at home in our jammies too! Sometimes those are the best times!

Bobbi said...

I love the necklace! How beautiful...you're able to hold those you love near your heart. I'm glad Collin is feeling better now. Your pics are so cute!!!

Destini said...

Glad that Collin's illness didn't last long! Your necklace is wonderful, how thoughful! Maybe Fred should talk to John about gifts!

Unknown said...

I hate it when our kiddo's get sick. Glad Collin is feeling better now. I just love the necklace....so jealous, I want one now.

Mike Mallinson said...

We had the same problem on Valentines Day! Caitlin decided to throw up on the sitter and we ended up hanging out at home. Fortunately we headed up to Grandma's Sunday and were able to dump the kids off on her while we had our date night a day late!