2.24.2009

Hours of fun!

I'm not sure who posted this great idea on their blog a few weeks ago, but I would like to say THANK YOU!!!


Sunday afternoon I accidentaly spilled some of the Collin's baby formula powder on the kitchen floor when I was trying to quickly mix up his bottle. I wasn't able to clean it up right then. So while I was giving Collin his bottle Ethan was playing with his construction trucks.Then I noticed he kept bringing them from the living room into the kitchen & then going back into the living room & getting more. So I went into the kitchen to see what he was doing. I found him playing with his trucks in the spilled formula. He was totally in his glory! Then I remembered a few weeks ago someone had posted pictures of their son playing w/ a pile of flour & trucks. So since he was having so much fun, Collin went down for a nap & I had a bunch of things to get done, I gave him a pile of flour & let him go to town!

I think this kept him occupied for almost two hours! Even though I have major obsessive compulsive issues about keeping my house clean, I decided having to clean a little flour off of the floor was well worth it! He had a lot of fun! And I will definatly be doing it again!

Thanks again to who ever posted this idea, sorry I cant seem to remember exactly who it was! What a great idea!






5 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! He had a blast! Cute idea!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! We will have to try that one! Another great use for that vinyl tablecloth...keeping all that flour off of your floor!

Bobbi said...

Looks like he was having the time of his life!!!! What fun!

Destini said...

Ethan definitely looked completely engrossed! Two hours - wow! I see flour being split on the floor this weekend at my house - although I think I'll go with Emily and put a tablecloth down first :)

Greene Family said...

It looks like Ethan was having a blast! I'll have to try this with Simon - I'm sure he'll love it too!