2.16.2009

Saving up for some fun

A few months ago I finally called and got Ethan his membership to the Little People of America. And we decided that we will be attending the LPA National Conference this July in Brooklyn. I soon became to realize that it isn't going to be a cheap trip. We will save some money since we live in New York and we can drive instead of flying. But between the hotel stay, registration fees, food, activities, etc. it's looking like it will be a bit pricey. I decided to help us save a little extra money toward the trip I made a savings jar for us to put our loose change in. Ethan calls it his adventure jar. He is very excited every night when we get home and empty our pockets of change.









Since starting it he wants to put any money he gets his hands on into the jar. Weather he is at home or he is at my parents house he claims any change he finds. Grammy has been giving him money for "helping clean", which when he home get he wants to put right into the jar. We've also had some friends see the jar and make contributions.

I am not sure if he yet understands what his "Adventure" is. But he knows we are going with his friends Seamus & Grace. And that we are going to meet lots of other friends. I have been trying to explain to him how is a little person, and we are going somewhere to meet other little people like him. I don't think he's really getting it! I guess maybe he's still a little too young to understand. Whenever he sees a little person on tv he'll sometimes say something like "look mommy, he's a lil guy", and I will say "yep, he's a little person like you & Seamus". He usually just goes on with what he's doing and doesn't seem to realize what I told him. Maybe by the time we get there he'll understand better.




I am very excited to go to the conference. I think it's going to be an amazing experience for Ethan & our family. I can't wait to meet so many of the great people I've become friends with thanks to this wonderful world of blogging and facebook!


9 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a great idea! I wish we were going so that we could meet ya'll! Maybe one day :)

Melissa Swartley said...

Awesome idea! I think we may have to adopt this "Adventure Jar" ourselves! Ethan looks so proud of his funds! I hope we get to meet in NY!

Kim said...

I am so excited you guys will be there too! WHoo hoo! Ethan is so grown up! When did they all become little men?

Greene Family said...

Great idea! Ethan is so cute with his Adventure Jar! I wish we were going so that we could meet you guys in person, but hopefully, we'll meet at another convention! Have fun!!

Jaime said...

What a neat idea! I wish that we were able to go, but with being due just a few weeks beforehand and living clear across the country, it just isn't possible. I'm hoping for Nashville, although we're going to be making a trip to Maui for Christmas in 2010, so that'll be up in the air. The 2011 convention will be in Los Angelos, so I know that we'll attend that one for sure! Hope that your adventure jar gets filled to the brim!

Bobbi said...

I LOVE the Adventure Jar!!! What a neat idea! I wish we were able to go to the conference this year...I'd love to meet up with all the wonderful families I've been following on blogs/FB/POLP. We are definately planning on going next year when it'll be held in Nashville. Have fun this year! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Destini said...

Love the Adventure jar, and that Ethan is so happy about it! Great way to get him into saving money! Have a great time at the conference, we're not going to make it this year.

Mike Mallinson said...

I think we're gonna steal the adventure jar too! We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Caden and Mommy said...

Jennifer!
How fun, I'm glad you guys are going to make to the conference! More friends to meet in person, yeah :0) The adventure jar is adorable!
Trisha